Monday, September 7, 2009

Update!

I'm bored so I will just have to do a little update on the Byers family!

First of all I am no longer working for the trucking company! I was upset not to have a paycheck after getting laid off, but I quickly realized that I needed to be grateful for what I do have...... the reason being...... shortly after losing my job we found out that my mom had breast cancer! Now, anyone that knows me knows that I am very close to my mother and it was very hard news to take. However, my mom has been through so much in her life and I knew that there was no way she was going to let this beat her!

The good news is she is now doing much better! She had a double mastectomy and is cancer free! Being the trooper that she is she was handing out business cards to doctors just a day after having surgery. She astonishes me! Since putting that behind us we are doing very well! Mom is looking good, baby Byers is growing fast and Miss Teagan is growing like a weed!

As of now I am 17 weeks pregnant and waiting for the 21st of September to find out if we are having a boy or girl! And let the records show I think it is a boy! Cody and I are betting against each other! I definitely have money on it! lol Once the 21st comes we will be hustling to get the baby's room finished. Now, I do realize that we still have till February after we find out the gender but I will inevitably change my mind 90 times so I have to get on top of it!

Miss Teagan is looking forward to Halloween. All she understands right now is that there is lots of candy and pumpkins involved! Cody and I picked several different costumes we thought she would like, wrote them on pieces of paper and let her pick one! She choose the loin! Probably the hardest out of all the costumes to make, but she will look adorable and she already has the roaring noises down!

Cody and I have been busy trying to finish different things in and outside our house! We are working on landscaping our yard! It looked really boring with just grass so we have bee drawing and digging our way to an interesting yard! More than likely we won't be able to finish it till next summer but we are trying to buy some nice plants that are on sale now! I will have to post pictures of our progress!

Next on our list is to get a new dining room table and chairs! We have picked one out, but it just a matter of buying it! That should happen fairly soon! I also want to get a nice black china cabinet! My grandma will be giving me my great grandma's Waterford china and I definitely want to display it! After we get done buying the furniture we will be ripping up the carpet in the dining room and living room! I can't take it much longer and I can hardly wait to have nice wood floors!
We still have to finish decorating our bedroom, Teagan's bedroom and the living room, but it is slowly coming together! If only money grew on trees I would be set!

That is probably it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers